Ryan sits down with Jocko Willink and Leif Babin the authors of the best selling book Extreme Ownership, Jocko Willink, and Leif Babin and has the pleasure to visit with them about their new book; The Dichotomy of Leadership. The conversation about their new book visits a few different topics, ranging from coaching, athletics, hazing, and of course, extreme ownership. Pick up a copy of The Dichotomy of Leadership at your local bookstore, or use this link.
Today's questions for our guests:
- Did either of you play any athletics in high school?
- What early lessons did you learn from your coaches or teachers?
- What are your best practices for coaches trying to build a high performing team?
- What is it about the message of Extreme Ownership that has resonated so well?
- How do you view the pivot that your careers have taken post-military life?
- What about the new book (Dichotomy of Leadership) excites you the most?
- How would you handle situations where people are engaging in situations that are counter to your organization's ideals?
- What do you say to undergraduates who feel that trials are necessary to prepare a group?
- How does a 9-year-old get over his fear of riding his bike?
Host: Ryan Wakefield
Download or subscribe to this show at https://pod.everydaygettingbetter.com
Want to get better? Visit us at https://everydaygettingbetter.com